Chicken Lollipop (A perfect appetizer for any party)
May 19, 2021
Well, chicken lollipop needs no introduction, right?
A delicious chicken recipe (my mind stops here itself, I need not read any further) blended with Indo Chinese spices, a little spicy and a little tangy – it is just about everything you need to get the party started.
Chicken lollipop is one such thing which I will definitely order when I visit a Chinese restaurant in India. And then you know, covid happened, and all our dreams of visiting restaurants, went out the park. So, here it is, my humble effort in replicating a delicacy, which I enjoy (and obviously you enjoy, since you landed up here 🙂 ).
So, what constitutes a good lollipop? A good chicken lollipop should be soft and juicy inside and crunchy outside. If you cook the lollipops and don’t serve it soon enough, it will definitely turn soggy. The solution: Fry the lollipops again for a minute before serving, to enjoy the crunchilious goodness. I also like very less batter on my lollipops, the lesser the better. In order to do that, shake off the excess batter from the lollipops before putting it into the hot oil.
Now comes the tangy and spicy sauce which I love to coat my lollipops with. It definitely gives another dimension to the whole dish. The spicyness from the chilli sauce, the tangy vinegar blended with the sweet onions makes up for a match made in heaven. No wonder its called the “Drums of heaven”.
Do give this recipe a try and let us know in the comments section below, how it turned out for you 🙂
For the marinade:
- 20 chicken lollipop pieces
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tbsp Refined flour
- Salt & Pepper (as per taste)
For the lollipop masala:
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Spring onions for garnish
- Marinate the lollipop pieces with the ingredients (listed under marinade) and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Fry the lollipop pieces uniformly along all sides.
- Lay the fried pieces on a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
- Pour oil on a frying pan and add the onion. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the sauces one by one.
- Next add the chicken pieces and let the pieces coat in the sauce.
- Garnish with some spring onion greens.
Like this Post? Please follow and like us for more 🙂